All our school meals are prepared fresh daily by our own catering staff. There is a choice of a hot meal, a jacket potato with cheese, beans or tuna or a baguette* with a choice of ham, cheese or tuna filling.
All three meal options are served with a daily choice of vegetables/salad and a homemade dessert.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT BAGUETTES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION ONLY ON A FRIDAY.
Our food procurement strategy is based on local and regional sourcing of food which supports local business, provides traceability of produce and contributes to the health and well-being of its children and young people.
- Food served will be compliant with the Education (Nutritional Standards and Requirements for School Food) England, Regulations 2007
- Meals will be prepared fresh each day by caring and committed staff
- Local and regionally produced fresh meat and poultry and fruit and vegetables will be used in the preparation of meals
- Local and regionally produced free range eggs will be used in all home baking
- Only non-hydrogenated fats will be used in the preparation of food
- Meals will be prepared using basic ingredients wherever possible which shall not contain any additive associated with health problems in children and young people including sweeteners, colourings, emulsifiers and thickeners
- Our kitchen remains a completely nut free zone at all times
- Meals will provide at least three of the five fruit and vegetables a day
- Meals will provide plenty of plant based fibre and slow release carbohydrates
- Meals will provide zinc, calcium, vitamins and more iron than the average packed lunch
- Water is always available
- Salt will not be used in cooking and sugar will be reduced in all recipes
- Meals are prepared in clean, hygienic kitchens by trained catering staff following the HACCP Food Safety Management System
- In consultation with our customers and cooks, menus are carefully formulated to provide optimum levels of nutrients