At present dinner costs £11.75 per week and is very good value for a wholesome meal cooked on the premises.
We would appreciate notice if your child starts or ends school dinners, as food is ordered in advance.
Dinner money is collected on Monday mornings for the whole week. Please seal dinner money in an envelope with your child's name clearly marked to avoid confusion. Parents may pay for meals monthly or half termly if they wish.
We are pleased to inform you that we can now accept payments online through ParentPay
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make these payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available. Please contact the school office if you would like further details.
Our school meals are prepared fresh daily by our own catering staff.
Our food procurement strategy is based on local and regional sourcing of food which supports local business, provides traceability of produce and contributes to the health and well being of its children and young people
- Food served will be compliant with the Education ( Nutritional Standards and Requirements for School Food )England, Regulations 2007
- Meals will be prepared fresh each day by caring and committed staff
- Local and regionally produced fresh meat and poultry and fruit and vegetables will be used in the preparation of meals.
- Local and regionally produced free range eggs will be used in all home baking
- Only non-hydrogenated fats will be used in the preparation of food
- Meals will be prepared using basic ingredients wherever possible which shall not contain any additive associated with health problems in children and young people including sweeteners,colourings,emulsifiers and thickeners
- Milk and Yoghurts will be low fat
- Meals will provide at least three of the five fruit and vegetables a day
- Meals will provide plenty of plant based fibre and slow release carbohydrates
- Meals will provide zinc and calcium and vitamins and more iron than the average packed lunch
- Water is always available
- Salt will not be used in cooking and sugar will be reduced in all recipes
- Meals are prepared in clean ,hygienic kitchens by trained catering staff following the HACCP Food Safety Management System
- In consultation with our customers and cooks, menus are carefully formulated to provide optimum levels of nutrients.